GCU is on the rise, adding academic programs in emerging fields to already robust curricula representing some of the fastest-growing career paths in the country. We emphasize individual attention and offer a dynamic learning environment for both traditional undergraduate students and working professionals.
In fall 2014, we will launch the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology on our ground campus only. Each of these new programs features three emphases to help students find their purpose and gain the education they need to succeed in their chosen path.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
This program prepares students to design, install, maintain and operate computer systems as well as perform programming and systems analysis.
- Big Data and Analytics – Students explore some of the major problems and trends associated with the storage of huge volumes of data.
- Game and Simulation Development – Students apply theoretical concepts of computing and simulation in order to create applications for entertainment, education or scientific visualization.
- Business Entrepreneurship –Students learn how to effectively build and leverage networks in order to identify and grow business opportunities and sustain long-term relationships.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
This program provides students with the knowledge and practical, hands-on expertise needed to care for both an organization’s information technology infrastructure and the people who use it.
- Health IT– Students acquire an understanding of the value of health informatics as well as how it can reduce health care costs and increase access.
- Technology Innovation – Students learn to recognize and evaluate opportunities for technical innovations that can lead to commercial products.
- Business Entrepreneurship – Students explore the foundation for business leaders and innovators of new technologies and business processes. This program provides preparation in problem-solving using technology.
For more information about these programs, please visit gcu.edu/CAS or contact an admissions representative at 800-800-9776.
* Grand Canyon University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. (800-621-7440; http://www.ncahlc.org/)
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at gcu.edu/disclosures. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment.